Free charity will-writing service
Cats Protection has teamed up with the National Free Wills Network to offer our supporters a free will-writing service through local solicitors across the UK.
Making or updating a will is vital in ensuring that your wishes are adhered to once you have passed away. Some people assume that if they don’t make a will, everything will automatically go to their family; unfortunately this isn’t always the case as it is the law that decides who gets what and how much.
For those who may struggle with the costs associated with amending or making a will, our free will-writing service will be able to offer the reassurance that your money and property will go to the people and the causes that you care about.
For supporters who make use of our free will-writing service, there is absolutely no obligation to leave a gift to Cats Protection; however after you have provided for your loved ones, we do hope that you will consider remembering Cats Protection in your will as our branches and adoption centres heavily rely on these generous gifts to continue to look after the many cats in their care. No matter how large or small, every gift will go a long way in ensuring that we can be there for unwanted cats and kittens for years to come.
To read more about how valuable gifts in wills are to Cats Protection, please see our gifts in wills pages.
Only a limited number of wills can be written under this offer, so they are written on a first come first served basis.
How does it work?
- A supporter expresses their interest in using the free will-writing service by emailing email@example.com or by phoning us on 01825 741 271.
- The Gifts in Wills team at Cats Protection refers the supporter’s details on to the National Free Wills Network.
- The National Free Wills Network will endeavour to send a pack out to the supporter within 5 working days. This will include a list of participating solicitors in their local area and a confidential declaration form.
- The supporter will contact their preferred solicitor and make an appointment to write or amend their simple single or mirror will.
- Cats Protection will then cover the cost of the will at a discounted rate.